Keep you and your family active this winter with some good Canadian fun! The cold should not keep your kids from doing what they love best - playing. Winter offers a ton of activities your kids will love. Help them get the exercise they need while doing activities the whole family can enjoy.
Winter fun for the family:
- Go sledding
- Go ice skating
- Build an igloo (food colouring makes this really fun)
- Host a friendly snowball fight with your neighbours
- Blow bubbles & watch them freeze in the cold air
- Take your family on a horse and trolley ride
- Take a hike through a dog park
- Play a game of pond hockey
- Go snow tubing
- Build non-typical characters out of snow e.g. Minion
- Learn how to ski or snowboard
- Finally, if it is too cold... turn off the TV, build a fire, and have a family board game night
Don't forget to enjoy the winter weather yourself this year. Surprise your significant other with a fun winter adventure but don't forget to bundle up! Here are some ideas for winter fun for two:
- Go ice fishing
- Go hot tubing
- Get a thermos of hot chocolate and go on a romantic hike
Do you live in the Waterloo region? Here is a specific list of places to do these fun winter activities.
There is a ton of places to enjoy winter fun in Burlington as well. Here is a list to get your started.